US Embassy Education USA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP) For SS3 Students 2023/2024 – The US Embassy is happy to announce its 2023–2024 Education USA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP), which is open to qualified candidates from all of Nigeria’s states for the chance to attend college in the US.
In Nigeria, there are lots of smart and hard working low-income students who just need access to information and money to improve their chances of completing their education. The United States Embassy in Nigeria is looking for low-income students in Nigeria who are academically capable and highly motivated to enroll in the Education USA Opportunity Grants Program (OFP) for the 12th consecutive year.
Complete the Application Form Academic Embassy Results:
- Undergraduate Applicants – Attach a copy of your WAEC “O” Level results (from WAEC website). Include Cambridge A’Level or IGSCE results if applicable or available.
- Graduate Applicants – Attach a copy of your Final year results and degree results (if available) First Class only (STEM majors preferred).
Letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate Applicants: Request a teacher or your school principal to complete a letter of recommendation form, attesting to your character, talent and skills. Please do not include a basic testimonial that does not talk about you as an individual.
- Graduate Applicants: Provide the details of a lecturer, professor, or Head of Department (HOD) that we can contact to find out more about you.
- Undergraduate Applicants : Send a scanned copy of your transcript from JS1 to SS3 including your mock and first term results, if possible.
- Graduate Applicants – Send a scanned copy of your transcripts that show a GPA of 4.5 or above on a 5.0 scale.
Write two essays , one from Group A and one from Group B, each of about 250– 300 words. The essay topics will be on the application form you receive. (Essay topics will be found on the form).
With the restricted funds, the selection of finalists for the Education USA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP) is extremely competitive. We seek candidates with the following:
- Strong academic record/ transcript
- Robust participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in leadership roles
- Excellent community service participation
- Financial Need
NOTE: Undergraduate Applicants – If WAEC results are not available; the student must be currently in SS3. If WAEC results are available, they must be from May/June WAEC.
Students who have already enrolled in
university are ineligible to apply.